We are pleased to present for sale this premier grower, processor, and exporter of world-famous pacific west coast Kumamoto oysters, Manilla clams, Japanese scallops, and geoduck clams. Sustainable aquaculture farming is becoming one of the most sought after and profitable ventures in the world. As human populations overrun land-based farming areas, we turn to the oceans for vast sources of foods and proteins. This family-owned oyster farming business has operated for over 65 years and is one of the largest in Canada. It generates predictable revenue, delivers consistent taste, operates with a low-cost base, and maintains a gold standard in environmentally sustainable farming. The strong tidal action in the area eliminates the potential for any red tide or other bacterial related impediments. Ownership has made an excellent living over 65 years and they wish to sell the corporate shares of the entire operation and retire.
- 65 years of family operation
- Excellent top-line revenues and cashflow
- Seller financing is available
- Experienced and committed management/staff
- Transition and seller involvement beyond closing is possible
- The Business Development Bank of Canada and Farm Credit Canada has expressed interest in assisting with financing the purchase
- Property leaseback may be available as an option